COVID-19 Studio Policy Update
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have updated our studio policies. As you can imagine, this has been a difficult time for our studio. We closed our doors in March with little support from federal/local emergency funding programs. If your class was canceled due to the pandemic, please fill out this form to process your request.
Currently we are hosting a few in person sewing classes with reduced capacity. All visitors will undergo a temperature check, disinfect their hands upon entry and clean their work space before and after class.
As we all work to adjust to this unpredictable era, we are especially grateful for the generosity and support of the Sew Creative Lounge community.
We look forward to the day that this is a distant memory.
Best,Cecily & Tisha
- Our classes start on time so please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start time in order to set up your sewing space.
- Starting January 1, 2018, there will be no refunds. However, you may receive credit towards a future class if you cancel one week prior to the start of class by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private lessons may be rescheduled up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled class using our online scheduling software. Cancellations within 48 hours or no-shows will forfeit the class fee.
- Sew Creative Lounge reserves the right to cancel a class due to low enrollment. Class fees may be transferred to a future class or refunded. There must be at least four students in a class.
- Children and guests may not accompany you to class without registering for the class.
- Sip and Sew DC participants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Supply lists are available upon registration. If one is not available at that time, you will be notified as soon as it becomes available.
- For a series of classes (i.e. Beginner Sewing Level 1), you may make up a class by attending an Open Studio session. The makeup must be taken within a month of the missed class.
- In case of inclement weather, Sew Creative Lounge will announce closures via email or you may call the studio at 301-779-9000.
- By registering for a class, I grant Sew Creative Lounge permission to photograph or video myself or my child’s participation in Sew Creative Lounge classes. I also grant Sew Creative lounge permission to use the photos in a promotional capacity including but not limited to print materials, website and social media.
- For Sip and Sew DC classes, Sew Creative Lounge provides fabric for your project only. Scrap fabric remains property of Sew Creative Lounge.
- Basic ASL (American Sign Language) provided for classes with at least one week's notice.